“Afterlife of the Party” stands out and is a true form of family entertainment that is rare not only for Netflix but movies in general
If you have seen one MCU film, you have seen them all, and “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” is no different from the rest
“Candyman” is a 90-minute lecture on the evils of gentrification, not a horror film worthy of the original
“The Night House” takes audiences on a good ride, but questionable character decisions along the way deter audiences from reaching its intended destination of being a solid, stylistic horror film
“Naked Singularity” is 40 percent of an interesting movie, but until they find the remaining 60 percent, there isn’t anything here to recommend for viewers
“Free Guy” doesn’t live up to the year’s worth of hype; there isn’t anything here that wasn’t done 100 times better in films such as “Ready Player One,” which is far more respectful to...
Just because this is a superhero film doesn’t mean “The Suicide Squad” is fit for the whole family. But if you leave your kids at home, there is plenty of brutal fun to be had
“The Green Knight” is a solid diversion from Hollywood’s repetitive cycle of cinema, but it isn’t without its flaws
The best thing “Jungle Cruise” can offer for families is a good nap in the theaters for those who try to sit through two hours of uninspired adventure
Average moviegoers are going to have no problem enjoying “Snake Eyes” and will probably want to see more. G.I. Joe fans, on the other hand, will have a pretty tough pill to swallow by the time the...
The first “Space Jam” film didn’t hold up well over time but “Space Jam: A New Legacy” fails to hold up the second the credits begin to roll, while offering nothing beyond what Jordan already...
Audiences are better off waiting for the next film in this franchise or skipping it altogether. Much like “Tournament of Champions,” you will end up in the exact same place you began … despondent...
“Black Widow” goes through the same studio formula of all MCU films, which is to make money, not to stand out
If you are looking for Trumptopian nightmare porn that 24-hour news cycles can’t satisfy, you will likely be the only person who finds any enjoyment in “The Forever Purge.”
Those Who Wish Me Dead is a certified must-see and if you haven’t checked out Sheridan’s catalog before this, now would be a good time to catch up
“Wrath of Man” is the textbook thriller that audiences expect, full of action, suspense and drama that gives the feeling of getting your money’s worth
After 26 years there is only one film titled “Mortal Kombat” that still leaves a pleasant taste in the mouth of its fandom, and it isn’t the 2021 version
Not to be confused with a spaghetti western, “Concrete Cowboy” is a must-see for audiences who value community, culture and family
“Godzilla vs. Kong” was made for movie theaters. If you need to escape your home or support your local theater, there are worse ways to spend your time. Otherwise, this film is nothing but empty calories...
“The Courier” is the best narrative film of the COVID-19 era, keeping the dim light of the cinematic spirit alive